So you’ve read about it. Talked about it with friends. And maybe even considered registering. But this event is all new territory for you and the unknown can be a scary place. Let’s break down the sign-up process for this summer’s virtual DCI Performers Showcase presented by System Blue.
1. Create a video
- Choose your music or create your visual routine and practice.
- Perform between 2.5 and 4 minutes for a video no more than 5 minutes total.
- Use one camera shot. No editing unless part of the Multitrack Soloist or Ensemble categories.
- Ensembles carry a max of 18 performers for music and 6 for visual. Mixed Ensembles are between 4 and 18 participants. A conductor counts as a member unless unseen on the video.
- Make sure you have an introduction (verbal or video graphic/text) that gives your name, name of your piece, and group affiliation if applicable.
- Record your performance and upload it online. (YouTube, DropBox, Vimeo, etc.)
- All submissions must have been recorded no earlier than January 2020.
- Questions about rules? Go here.
2. Gather everything you need
Information to note:
- Division: Under or Over 22? This is based on age. If an ensemble, your oldest member dictates the division.
Your individual or ensemble category.
- Don’t see your instrument or other talent listed as options? Consider entering the Exhibition category! (Hi, bagpipes!)
- If an ensemble, what is your group name?
- Upon registering, there will be a spot where you can add the name of your piece and other helpful information for the judges.
- Who are you affiliated with? School? Corps? Guard? Band? Other? Try to lock on one specific group you represent.
Name and contact info of your leader. If an ensemble, choose one person to be your rep. This could be your corps director, staff, section leader, or the person holding the credit card.
- Payment: $35 individual, $70 ensemble. Methods of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover.
- Link to your uploaded video.
- Go here to sign up.
- You will need to create an account on e-Adjudicate.
- All competitors regardless of age are considered “Students.”
- Fill out the form.
- After submitting your video link and payment, check your email for the second part of the registration process. Complete this final form to complete your registration. Important: If you are part of an ensemble, here is where you’ll enter the names and emails of everyone in your group.
- You only have until July 24 to register!
That’s it! Now encourage your friends to register as well. Here’s the timeline:
- Shortly after July 25, you will receive feedback from a judge assigned to your category.
- On August 8, tune in to the “March On!” Telethon to see the results.
- And a little later, you will be getting a participation patch … and maybe something shiny?