For those attending events this summer at the following locations, be sure to make note of these policies which will be in effect during your visit:
• TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis (Saturday, July 16)
• The Georgia Dome in Atlanta (Saturday, July 30)
It is anticipated that similar policies will be adopted at most stadiums throughout the USA in the near future. Here’s what you need to know for events now and on the road ahead:
Fans will be restricted to the following style and size bags at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry to the stadium (Click to enlarge image).
• Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
• One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziplock bag or smaller)
• Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5” x 6.5” with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bags
Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
These guidelines extend well beyond events produced by Drum Corps International. Clear bag policies have adopted in recent years by the NFL as well as other professional sports leagues and stadiums across the country to create a safer fan experience while also getting people through the lines and to their seats quickly and efficiently.
Drum corps fans can direct their specific questions about permitted bags directly to individual stadium venues, or you may wish to refer to the official NFL clear bag policy for additional information.
Please help us spread the word and create a safer and more comfortable experience for our guests and performers!