After decades known as Drum Corps International's Individual & Ensemble (I&E) Championship, the event has taken on a new name—the DCI Performers Showcase. Still true to its original format, the Performers Showcase will be presented by System Blue. Members from World and Open Class corps will compete against each other as part of World Championships Week in Indianapolis, Wednesday, Aug. 6, beginning at 10 a.m. ET. Each year, this very special event gives corps members the opportunity to show off their individual and group talents, performing solo and ensemble pieces perfected outside of their normal corps rehearsal schedules. Even further, vocal and woodwind categories give members whose primary instruments may not be included in a normal drum corps setting the chance to perform. The DCI Performers Showcase is a free event and open to the public.
Wednesday, Aug. 6, 2014 – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET
Georgia Street — Downtown Indianapolis Georgia St. between Capitol & Illinois
— Ensembles & Exhibitions Georgia St. between Illinois & Meridian
— Individual Brass & Woodwind Performance Georgia St. between Meridian & Pennsylvania
— Individual Percussion Performance Arts Garden (110 W. Washington St.)
From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., members from World and Open Class corps will showcase their talents. Performers and performance times are subject to change.
- Once again World and Open Class corps will participate in a single combined solo & ensemble competition.
- More than 200 corps members representing 20 World and Open Class corps will compete.
- Performances will be spread across four venues on Georgia Street and at the Indianapolis Arts Garden on Washington and Illinois Streets.
- A presentation of medal winners will be held at the end of the Semifinals competition on Friday night.
- A representative from SoundSport, Megan Bruce from Medillin Gran Banda, is scheduled to compete in the Auxiliary category. You can also catch the entire group at Venue 1 (Ensembles) during the lunch hour on Wednesday. Medellin Gran Banda has traveled from Colombia to be part of SoundSport's competition Saturday morning.
- In the largest Vocal Ensemble category to date, Madison Scouts, Blue Stars, and Blue Devils will vie against last year's ensemble winner, 7th Regiment.
- The Fastest Drummer is back! Be sure to stop by the Fastest Drummer booth to try your hand at this open competition and earn the title of the 2014 DCI World Championships Fastest Drummer!
Learn more about the DCI Performers Showcase presented by System Blue. View a day-by-day guide to 2014 World Championship events.
- Paul McGarr
- Mike Rubino
- Jeff Prosperie
- Chester Phillips
- Chris Romanowski
- Beth Fabrizio
- Jackie Gilley
- Michael Turner