Current internship opportunities
Current internship opportunities
Internship Overview:This exceptional opportunity will provide motivated candidates with outstanding real-world experience in a variety of exciting disciplines. Interns will work side-by-side with an experienced group of dedicated professionals in a fast-paced, dynamic and fun setting which celebrates the achievement of excellence in the performing arts and in life. Drum Corps International is Marching Music's Major League?„?. Dates: September – December, 2007 (start and end dates flexible based on schedule). Additional internship opportunities are available throughout the year. Location: Internships are based at the Drum Corps International corporate headquarters in Addison, IL (Suburban Chicago). Requirements: Minimum one year of college coursework or related experience, or as otherwise noted on individual positions. Supervision: Interns will report to assigned supervisors who are a part of the Drum Corps International professional staff. Interns will have the opportunity to interact with and be mentored by senior-level staff members. Periodic evaluations of intern performance will be made by their supervisors in addition to an exit interview, which is conducted at the end of the specified internship period. Hours: Part-time and full-time internships are available. Variable schedule designed to fit in with coursework. Monday through Friday. Compensation: Internships are unpaid, and offer tremendous experience in a variety of areas of interest to prospective candidates. Submissions: Submit cover letter and resume electronically via e-mail to email@example.com. Subject line: Fall 2007 Drum Corps International internships Application Deadline: Close of business Monday, September 17, 2007. Selection: Selected applicants will be interviewed by phone and/or in-person, beginning Wednesday, September 19, 2007.
Current internship openings:Communications Interns (2) Interested interns must be enrolled in a course of study or program related to the communications or marketing field with a career goal of working in that field. Internships are available for the fall semester. We are seeking energetic individuals who take initiative, pay great attention to detail, enjoy a sense of humor, are motivated, are not afraid to ask for direction or help, and are willing and able to handle several assignments at one time. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist is sorting and cataloging of photographs and managing library of additional digital assets.
- Assist with copy writing and/or layout in the creation and preparation of print collateral materials including: advertisements, brochures, signage and point of purchase merchandising displays, in addition to Web-related graphics.
- Provide writing support for DCI.org news stories.
- Experience with graphic layout programs such as QuarkXPress and/or Adobe InDesign, in addition to Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are a plus.
- Fundamental photography skills a plus.
- Intern will have an outstanding opportunity to hone real-world skills in a fast-paced environment and to add significant weight to his/her portfolio of published material.
- Researching and responding to media inquiries.
- Provides support to the Communications Department, including assisting promotions and events teams on an as-needed basis.