Is your love for Halloween as HAIR RAISING as your passion for drum corps? Back by popular demand, we want you to put your artistic skills to the test in coming up with the most intricate, outrageous, scariest or elaborately decorated drum corps themed pumpkins in the second annual Drum Corps International Pumpkin Carving Contest. Once you have shaped your masterpiece, all you have to do is take a picture of your creation and e-mail it to DCI.org at email@example.com along with your name and address. Send it in before Thursday, Oct. 30 and the most spectacular creations as chosen by Drum Corps International staff members will be announced on Halloween (Friday, Oct. 31) and posted on DCI.org for all to see. Fantastic prizes will be awarded to the top winners, so go grab yourself a pumpkin and have some fun while you're at it!
Not sure where to start, or need some inspiration? More than 100 people submitted their pumpkin masterpieces in October of 2007. Check out last year's winners and a photo gallery of all previous entries. We've also put together a series of downloadable pumpkin carving templates that feature the logos of many of your favorite Drum Corps International units.
E-mail your submission along with your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday, Oct. 30! Happy Halloween!
First Prize:(valued at $159) A complete 2008 World Championships DVD collection Volume I: World Class Finalists
- Two-disc DVD set featuring the top 12 World Class corps in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound with widescreen high camera and multi-camera viewing options.
- One DVD featuring 8 World Class corps in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound.
- One DVD featuring the exciting performances of the top 12 corps from the Open Class including the bonus inclusion of the International Class Champions.
Second Prize:(valued at $99) 2008 World Championship World Class Finalists DVD set
- Two-disc DVD set featuring the top 12 World Class corps in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound with high camera and multi-camera viewing options.
Third Prize:(valued at $29) 2008 World Class World Championship CD set
- Three-disc set featuring all 20 World Class corps.
Drum Corps International reserves the right to cancel or modify promotion at any time. To be eligible to win, contestants must submit name and address in addition to photo of pumpkin to email@example.com. Winners will be notified by e-mail.