On Wednesday, Aug. 8, it's the Open Class corps members' turn to show off their individual talents. At the Indiana Convention Center, small ensembles and soloists will participate in the 2012 Drum Corps International Open Class Individual & Ensemble Competition (I&E).
I&E gives corps members the opportunity to show off their individual and group talents, performing solo and ensemble pieces perfected by corps members outside of their normal corps rehearsal schedules. Even further, vocal and woodwind categories give members whose primary instruments may not be included in a normal drum corps setting the chance to perform. The event is free and open to the public.
Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2012 — 2 to approximately 5 p.m.
Indiana Convention Center
100 South Capitol Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46225
Performances will take place across several locations in the Indiana Convention Center:
Sagamore 6 — Color Guard
Room 205-206 — Woodwinds & Vocals
Room 203-204 — Brass
Room 107-108 — Percussion
Ballroom 500 — Ensembles, Exhibitions and Medal Ceremony
Learn more about the Indiana Convention Center.
From 2 to approximately 5 p.m., members from 11 Open Class corps will showcase their talents.
Download the schedule of performances. (PDF)
Performers and performance times are subject to change.
• Two barbershop quartets, from Oregon Crusaders and 7th Regiment, will compete head to head in the Vocal category.
• A soloist from 7th Regiment will be juggling in exhibition.
• In their first trip to the World Championships since 2007, Gold will have seven performances at I&E.
• Two flugel horns from Colt Cadets will compete.
• Open Class I&E will also feature the World's Fastest Drummer competition.
• Blue Devils B's 2010 Woodwind Champion will return in 2012 on flute.
Music Ensembles: Joe Allison (percussion), Mike Rubino (brass)
Brass: Wayne Dillon
Woodwinds: Don MacTaggart
Vocal: Andy Cook
Percussion: Mike Davis
Color Guard, Dance: Christine Clayton, Chris Moss
View a complete schedule of World Championship events.