Drum Corps International is currently recruiting volunteers to join Team DCI for the 2014 DCI World Championships in Indianapolis!
From Wednesday, Aug. 6 through Saturday, Aug. 9, we are in need of dedicated and hardworking individuals to lend a helping hand at Lucas Oil Stadium and around downtown Indianapolis to assist with the World Championships and other special events.
"It takes hundreds of people to pull off Drum Corps International's biggest series of events every year," DCI volunteer coordinator Kara Haughey said. "At the forefront of making all of our World Championship events run smoothly is our incredible volunteer corps."
Volunteers will help support the more than 35 performing drum corps and numerous special events and celebrations that will highlight the exciting conclusion of Drum Corps International's 2014 Summer Tour.
2014 World Championship Event ScheduleWednesday, August 6
- DCI Performers Showcase presented by System Blue on Georgia Street
- Kickoff Party and Hall of Fame Induction which includes a short ceremony, entertainment, a silent auction and more
- World Championship Prelims competition at Lucas Oil Stadium featuring the performances of more than 35 drum corps
- World Championship Semifinals at Lucas Oil Stadium featuring the 25 advancing corps from Thursday's Prelims
- Friends of DCI donor breakfast and DrumLine Battle and SoundSport festival on Georgia Street
- World Championship Finals competition at Lucas Oil Stadium featuring the top 12 drum corps vying for the World Championship title
Key Volunteer Info
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older
- Some positions will put you within view of the corps performances or corps warm-up sites
- Some shifts include a complimentary meal if working consecutive shifts
- Volunteers will receive a wristband that is valid for access to the events at that location for the entire day
- Complimentary parking will be available at Lucas Oil Stadium
- Volunteers will receive an official World Championships event volunteer T-shirt
- The deadline to register is Friday, July 25