Employment: Business Development Coordinator
Drum Corps International is seeking an experienced Business Development Coordinator.
Drum Corps International (DCI) has developed into a powerful, nonprofit, global youth activity with farreaching artistic, educational and organizational influence. Through the annual DCI Tour and World Championships, Drum Corps International provides entertainment to millions through live performances and nationally broadcast events. Drum Corps International is Marching Music’s Major League™.
LOCATION: INDIANAPOLIS, IN
The Business Development Coordinator will support all business development activities including sponsorship sales, contracting and fulfillment, strategic partnerships, and groups sales. Additionally, the Business Development Coordinator will assist in the planning and execution of activities specific to SoundSport and Drumline Battle, both are programs of DCI. This includes leading trade show and other outbound business development communications.
This person may travel extensively throughout the year. Excellent communications and organizational skills with demonstrated interpersonal abilities are a must.
This position reports directly to the Senior Director, Global Business Development.
In addition the Business Development Coordinator will require a high degree of cooperation with the marketing staff, event staff, and the CEO when planning.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage the relationship between DCI and current sponsors
• Ensure that the sponsor’s and DCI’s needs are met by assessing the agreed upon commitments stated in established agreements.
• Responsible for scheduling and registration for conferences that will benefit the efforts to promote DCI.
• Travel and set up exhibit space at music industry shows and conventions.
• Assist in the development and execution of promotions and marketing strategies within the association.
• Create and implement effective strategy to attract and sell the group experience including group tickets to all events.
• The in-house lead for local engagement in Indianapolis for schools, groups and corporate connections.
• Manage SoundSport and Drumline Battle activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent in sales or other closely related field.
• Marketing and sales experience
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Experience in sales to music educators a plus.
• Experience in marching music a plus.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Salesforce a plus.
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS POSITION
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com