Employment: Event Operations Manager
POSTED OCTOBER 20, 2021
Drum Corps International is seeking an experienced Event Operations Manager.
Drum Corps International (DCI) has developed into a powerful, nonprofit, global youth activity with far-reaching artistic, educational and organizational influence. Through the annual DCI Tour and World Championships, Drum Corps International provides entertainment to millions through live performances and nationally broadcast events. Drum Corps International is Marching Music's Major League™.
LOCATION: INDIANAPOLIS, IN
The Event Operations Manager will manage the pre-event planning for Drum Corps International’s Premier Events, including the DCI World Championships Week. Additionally, the Event Operations Manager will serve as a Team Lead for a staff of seasonal on-site managers, communicating with them on pre-event details and distributing event information. On certain event sites, this position serves as the day-of-event manager and oversees all aspects of the event from start to finish.
This position travels extensively throughout the year and is responsible for producing and providing the team that will run DCI Premier Events and the World Championships.
This position reports directly to the Senior Event Operations Manager.
The Event Operations Manager will also require a high degree of cooperation with the Operations Director and the CEO when planning events. This position will also interact with the Senior Director of Event Development and Travel and Meetings Manager to set up and maintain logistical support for the events.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate with a team of on-site managers through the event planning process, from start to finish.
- Coordinate with Contest Director the team of Contest Coordinators
- Coordinate with Senior Director of Event Development the team of Safety Managers
- Coordinate and manage event staff members and assist with scheduling of personnel.
⚬ Event Planning and Execution
- Conduct site visits at potential venue sites.
- Manage event budgets and financials for assigned events.
- Correspond with facility entities including stadium management, event supply companies, IT departments, food and beverage companies, etc.
- Develop detailed event plans, maps, itineraries and communication pieces to distribute to all event stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the local organizing committee and on-site volunteers.
- Participate in ongoing evaluation of the fans, corps, staff and volunteer experiences at events.
- Organize past event information for record keeping purposes.
⚬ Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
• BS degree in Event Planning or related field.
• Event management experience, both on-site and with pre-event organization.
• Volunteer recruitment and coordination experience a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Salesforce a plus.
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS POSITION
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Drum Corps International is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.