Employment: Operations Administrator
POSTED AUGUST 24, 2021
Drum Corps International is seeking an Operations Administrator for its Indianapolis headquarters.
Over a span of five decades, Drum Corps International (DCI) has developed into a powerful, nonprofit, global youth activity with farreaching artistic, educational and organizational influence. Through the annual DCI Tour and World Championships, Drum Corps International provides entertainment to millions through live performances and nationally broadcast events. Drum Corps International is Marching Music’s Major League™.
LOCATION: INDIANAPOLIS, IN
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
From DCI’s corporate headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana, the Operations Administrator will assist the areas of Business Operations, Events Operations and Governance Administration. The position will work with the Operations Director for administrative and logistical functions needed to support the Organization.
This position will also work with the CEO as it applies to Governance needs of the Organization. This position will report to the Operations Director with direction from the CEO.
- Manages music licensing process including but not limited to obtaining repertoire for all participating organizations, arrangement permissions, procuring mechanical licenses and working with a third party to manage sync licenses for corps
- Purchasing: Assist with purchasing for the organization
- Corps Services: Work with Operations Director to administer Corps Services Program with Corps
- Assist with management of third-party merchandise vendor
- Other administrative duties:
- Corporate and HR calendar management
- Full & Senior staff meeting scheduling and notes
- Google mail group management
- Participate in Project Management and special events: i.e. coordination of the annual meeting and VIP services liaison at major events with Travel and Meetings Manager
- Assist on-site with events as needed
- Assist internally with event operations areas (Friends of DCI, Ticketing and Event Ops)
- Manage VIP area at World Championship events
- Customer service phone support backup
- Summer Logistics: Work with Operations Director to facilitate summer transportation of event items
Other tasks as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or experience in business administration
- Experienced computer skills a must. Microsoft Office, SalesForce (database management), Google docs, Zoom
- Hours typically will be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, but there are seasonal periods where extended hours may be necessary.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Must be highly organized, master of multi-tasking, and a team player
TO BE CONSIDERED
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org