Employment: Staff Accountant
POSTED SEPTEMBER 5, 2023
Drum Corps International is seeking a Staff Accountant for its Indianapolis headquarters.
Drum Corps International (DCI) has developed into a powerful, nonprofit, global youth activity with far-reaching artistic, educational and organizational influence. Through the annual DCI Tour and World Championships, Drum Corps International provides entertainment to millions through live performances and nationally broadcast events. Drum Corps International is Marching Music’s Major League™.
LOCATION: INDIANAPOLIS, IN
This Staff Accountant position is responsible for processing financial transactions to record and maintain accounting records and reporting for the organization. This position is key to ensuring segregation of duties and that DCI policies and controls are implemented organization-wide. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and provide strong attention to detail is critical.
This position reports directly to the Controller.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and record revenue from all revenue streams.
- Generate invoices for Show Contracts, Sponsor Contracts and other requests.
- Apply A/R payments to customer accounts.
- Research and resolve open A/R issues and conduct collection calls when applicable.
- Process contract settlements during the summer competition season.
- Maintain Customer information using QuickBooks system.
- Maintain A/R related documentation and filing systems.
- Compile sales data to complete and submit various State Sales Tax Returns.
Month End Closing
- Prepare/maintain various worksheets to support month end journal entries.
- Review Financial Statements and Account balances to ensure accuracy.
- Reconcile select Balance Sheet accounts including deferred revenue accounts.
- Research and resolve reconciling items when applicable.
Other Areas of Responsibility
- Daily reporting for Ticket Sales and charitable contributions.
- Prepare Weekly Ticket Sales reports for upper management.
- Assist in the preparation of annual Financial Statement Audit documentation.
- Cross train with other personnel to help process essential functions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years of Accounting/Finance or related experience preferred.
- Public accounting and/or non-profit experience a plus.
- QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated abilities in the areas of problem solving and critical thinking.
- Adept at working with confidential and proprietary information.
TO BE CONSIDERED
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Related NewsView all news
by Drum Corps InternationalOn the Rise: Mandarins' breakthrough run of competitive seasons