Seasonal Travel Coordinator
Seasonal Travel Coordinator, Summer 2018
Drum Corps International (DCI) is the leader in producing events for the world’s most elite and exclusive
marching ensembles for student musicians and performers.
Indianapolis, IN — Locals only need apply
The Seasonal Travel Coordinator will require a high degree of communication with all event teams, both internal and seasonal as well as the adjudication administration of Drum Corps International. Additionally, a high standard of positive customer service communication with the DCI Travel & Meetings Manager and DCI Senior Leadership Teams and all clients is paramount. Specific responsibilities include:
• Work with the Travel & Meetings Manager to coordinate travel logistics for adjudication team and event staff traveling to DCI Summer Tour events, including overnight accommodations, air and ground transportation for more than 100 events in a nine-week period of time.
• Communicate with Tour Event Partners (TEPs) by providing hotel room needs for adjudication team, as well as any event staff; obtaining hotel confirmation numbers from the TEPs (as well as confirming with hotels directly); and working with TEPs on ground transportation needs and confirming arrangements. All components must be confirmed to insure all is in place for travelers’ arrivals and
departures. Document ALL logistics in DCI’s online database.
• Negotiate and book best rates with hotels when additional rooms outside blocks are necessary, all while keeping the travelers’ ease and satisfaction in mind.
• Coordinate hotel room blocks and ground transportation logistics for DCI Premier Events & World Championships for adjudication team and event staff. Document all logistics in DCI’s online database and communicate accordingly with DCI event teams.
• Work with the event team to coordinate summer meetings and social events ranging from 10-100+ attendees. Provide on-site support as needed.
• Manage work-flow and monitor tasks assigned to meet deadlines.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize projects in order of urgency
• Must be available to work from mid-May through mid-August
• Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office
• Experience with Salesforce is a plus
• Experience in the hospitality or event industry preferred, specifically in transportation, lodging, and event management
• Responsible, dedicated individual with excellent communication skills; able to work with a team & on own
• Superior customer service skills with the ability and flexibility to work with a very diverse set of clients
This position may require extended hours in order to meet deadlines.
Please email a cover letter showcasing your writing ability and general personality and a resume showcasing your relevant experience to DCI Travel & Meetings Manager Duffy Teague, firstname.lastname@example.org.