At select events on the 2022 Drum Corps International 50th Anniversary Summer Tour, students and educators will have the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the top DCI ensembles and instructors in the marching music industry at DCI Event Day Clinics, powered by USBands.
The 2022 DCI Summer Tour is set to feature 92 events, eight of which will include one of USBands’ educational events during the morning and afternoon hours prior to the start of the corresponding competitive DCI Tour event. As part of their registration, participants will receive a ticket to their clinic’s corresponding DCI Tour event.
DCI Event Day Clinics will be approximately four and a half hours in length, and will include a wide array of educational sessions for all categories of marching performer and educator.
Each DCI Event Day Clinic will feature a “corps-in-residence,” prepared to work side by side with those in attendance. As part of their experience, students and educators alike can witness the ins and outs of a drum corps’ rehearsal process. One of the most exciting opportunities provided by the clinics, students will also have the opportunity to learn a portion of their corps-in-residence’s 2022 field production.
Group discounts are available, with offerings varying based on group size. For each 10 students in a group, groups will receive one free educator registration.
As an added benefit, participating educators can receive professional development credit. A certificate verifying the number of hours attended will be available for those seeking professional development credit.
- Other features include:
- Half-day clinic (approx 4.5 hours) taking place at the venue before a DCI event
- Variety of sessions for winds, percussion, color guard, and educators.
- Side-by-side learning experiences with members of a “drum corps in residence”
- Sessions with drum corps staff to learn excerpts of their current show
- Educator specific sessions with USBands team and drum corps staff
- Students should bring their instrument/equipment, three-ring binder, and folding stand/lyre
- T-shirt and DCI event ticket included