Drum Corps International is monitoring the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. For all DCI activities, we will adhere to national guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the National Institute of Health (NIH) to protect performers, staff, volunteers, tour event partners, audience members and all those associated with the tour’s nationwide operational structure.
DCI has an extended network of career healthcare professionals through the Marching Music Health, Wellness & Safety Project. This group is working closely with us to monitor the rapidly changing conditions so we can provide the best information available to the DCI community.
Everyone attending rehearsal camps in the coming days and weeks should follow these simple precautionary measures:
- Wash hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Avoid kissing, hugging, and sharing cups or eating utensils.
- Don’t share water bottles.
- Cough into your sleeve.
- Don’t drink from water fountains.
- Staff and volunteers who are not feeling well should communicate with their corps about attendance at corps functions.
As the coronavirus issue continues to develop, we will provide updated information as it becomes available. Here are several resources to stay abreast of the most current information available at the national and international levels: